Friday, November 9, 2007

It All Starts With The Mindset

It all starts with the mindset. Do you want it bad enough to commit your all to see it through? Search your heart deep inside, because this is definitely not for the fainthearted. It will not be an easy road but it will be a very rewarding one. Whatever the outcome, your life will definitely be enriched. Are you ready to eat, drink, sleep and dream on your new venture?

Have you for the longest time wanted to go to the gym on a regular basis but never quite made it? Then, when your wedding day or a major event was just around the corner and you wanted to look stunning, suddenly found yourself in the gym practically every other day?

If you do not have a compelling reason or burning passion for what you are about to embark on, then do not start. Chances of you seeing it through and doing it well will be very slim.
When I started a part-time business, I practically did not have much experience. Working in the corporate world did not teach me much about entrepreneurship. It was never a ground to mould entrepreneur. I was mentally preparing myself to eventually quit a high-flying secure corporate job to learn a new venture. I was ready to learn and unlearn. I did not know much about the internet but believed it would shape how the world would operate in future. It was with that conviction that I was willing to risk my comfortable lifestyle and put my bread and butter on the line.

To try something new, one must be willing to move out of one's comfort zone. Dare to act on your ideas and be prepared for the worst-case scenario.

Have a clear objective in mind of what you want to achieve and be prepared to make adjustments along the way.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home